After the world war II audiovisual industry became a bit sophisticated gradually and its use spread in educational establishment such as colleges, universities, galleries and museums to refine the audio video technology for the optimum performance and finding the AV related troubleshooting as well. The latest integrated Av solutions are the result of the same. With the advancement in integrated circuits and equipment involved the troubleshooting became more dedicated and demanding task.
The best way to avoid the troubles in audio video equipment is to go for the one which is best in technology and specifications according to the user requirement. Many times the problems are due to the incompetent technology or parts of the equipment.
- While going for the camera keep in mind that it fulfills the type of recording it has to be used for i.e. it has to be used on the web only, theater or broadcasting operations. You can shoot even from your mobile camera, but there is a huge difference between a DSLR and mobile camera.
- To make a professional recording, it must be steady and professional, a tripod can be useful.
- No one would like to be a part of the presentation or video conference where the recording light of the camera is not adequate to record the picture well that the person on the other person can be identified.
- Shotgun mic improves the recording of sound. In AV communication great audio separates the pros from the amateurs. Wireless microphones can also be used. Some cameras come with a mini audio jack input which is unable to capture the professional / broadcast quality sound. A portable recorder can be attached with camera to capture professional audio. It will further help with audio and video sync and editing later.
- They will provide flexibility to the participants to take part actively without moving from their place during the video conference or seminars / interviews.
- The use of power condition filters out the noise while protecting against surges and voltage spikes is helpful for system safety.
- The quality of transmission and connecting cables can never be neglected.
- An extra memory (video tape, flash memory cards, DVD’s, external hard drive) must be present to deal with any forthcoming failure.